Generic Name: carvedilol (KAR ve dil ole)
Brand Names: Coreg, Coreg CR
Carvedilol is a beta-blocker and it is used to treat the cases such as heart failure and hypertension. This drug is used after getting heart attack that has caused due to the poor pumping.
Buy carvedilol online
It is very easy to buy carvedilol online. It is easily available in all most all the online pharmacies.
What is the important information that you should know about carvedilol?
The patient with the history of asthma, bronchitis, severe liver disease or serious heart condition, bronchitis should not take carvedilol. Also patient with sick sinus syndrome or slow hear rate must not use carvedilol. The patients who are taking carvedilol must not drink alcohol within 2 hours before or after taking the carvedilol.
It is also restricted to take medicines that contain alcohol because alcohol will cause the carvedilol in the Coreg CR to release too fast in the body.
If you have a medical history of high blood pressure keep using carvedilol even if you feel better because the high blood pressure has no symptoms you must use the blood pressure medications throughout your life.
What should you know before using the medication?
You should not take carvedilol if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
- asthma, bronchitis, emphysema;
- severe liver disease; or
- a serious heart condition such as heart block, “sick sinus syndrome,” or slow heart rate (unless you have a pacemaker).
To make sure carvedilol is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- diabetes (taking carvedilol can make it harder for you to tell when you have low blood sugar);
- angina (chest pain);
- liver or kidney disease;
- a thyroid disorder;
- pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland);
- circulation problems (such as Raynaud’s syndrome); or
- A history of allergies.
According to FDA pregnancy category C it is not very clear that carvedilol will affect the unborn baby. It is best to tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant while you are in use of this medicine. It is not even very clear that this medicine will pass through the breast milk. It is best not to use this medicine while you are breastfeeding.
How should I take carvedilol?
Take the carvedilol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all the directions perfectly that are mentioned on your prescription label. The doctor may change the doses of medicine to achieve best results. It is recommended not to take the medicine in larger or lesser amount more than prescribed. This medicine works best when you take it with food. When you miss the dose of particular time takes the missed dose as soon as possible. Do not mix the missed dose and the actual dose together. Seek emergency help when you take overdose of the medicine.
What are the side effects of carvedilol?
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- a light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out;
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath (even with mild exertion);
- cold feeling or numbness in your fingers or toes;
- chest pain, dry cough, wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing; or
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss).
Common carvedilol side effects may include:
- weakness, dizziness;
- dry eyes;
- tired feeling; or
- weight gain.
Manufacturers of carvedilol
- ANZEN EXPORTS
Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
BEIJING HONGHUI BIOLOGY PHARMACEUTICALS
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Calyx Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Cipla Limited
- Dai-Ichi Karkaria Ltd