The Popular Paleo Diet
Paleo diet is one of the hottest diet topics rolling all the diet lovers. Find or kill to eat this is the main concept which early human beings followed to survive. But now you have everything in front of you no need to find and kill just select wisely and use the food that finds in nature. Paleo diet is finding the food item that kicks your metabolism to a high level to maintain basic health. It is not that you can eat everything that you find there are some restrictions in this diet too. Here are the do’s and don’ts of Paleo diet.
Do’s and don’ts of Paleo diet
- Eat as much as vegetables you can- eat fresh or frozen vegetables. It is good to go organic. If you love to eat raw it is really good and amazing. Cooked veggies also do better. If you are very much interested in losing weight switch to veggies. Just limit the intake of tubers because it contains too much starch.
- Say yes to oil- normally oil is restricted in other types of diet (not completely). There are so many good oils, use it according to your taste little or plenty, including coconut oil, peanut oil, rice bran oil, soy oil and wheat germ oil. Use these types of oils generously in your diet. Avoid fried foods especially chips and mayo etc.
- Legumes- beans, peanuts, and peas. Eat raw kidney beans and tell me how it tastes? Before agriculture, the legumes are very rare and they are not a staple food in our diet. kidney beans contain lectins, saponins or protease inhibitors and they are not good for hormonal and the immune system. The pseudo- exception of these is peas and green beans. These contain very fewer lectins. If you don’t have autoimmune or digestion problems you use this as an alternate choice.
- Fruits and fruit juices- normally people intake lots of fruit and fruit juices for maintaining good health. When comes weight loss try to avoid fruits which are high in sugar. Go for organic rather than using any concentrated or nonblind juices.
- Nuts- nuts from nature such as cashews, peanuts, almonds, pecans, and walnuts etc. these nuts have oil, protein, fiber, and fats, these are essential for your health. But keep it minimum. Because intake of more nuts leads to mineral deficiency like osteoporosis. Just have 1-2 ounces a day.
- Salt- quit iodized salt, switch to sea salt. Actually salt is not a common thing in Paleo diet making it simple, just use very little. Too much of salt is good for nothing.
- Quit booze- it is very difficult to quit alcohol. Still, if you want to have just had it in Paleo style. Drink wine because it is organically made and beer which is gluten free or hard ciders.
- Nill the sugars- it is always best to reduce the intake of sugars, processed foods, fruit snacks etc. These foods are ready made and contain lots of preservatives and cause serious health problems. Try Paleo friendly desserts to maintain health.
- Portion control- eats these foods as much as you want. But you are serious about losing weight limit the intake of these foods.
- Eating schedule- no schedule eat whenever you feel hunger. But don’ eat when you are not hunger. Just be natural and do what feels natural.
- No dairy- do you know humans are the only beings continue to drink milk even after infancy. Dairy is an immune system stressor and all are allergic to cow dairy to some extent. Try to avoid dairy including milk, cheese, cream yogurt, butter etc.
- Go carnivore- try to eat high animal protein. Try to have fattier cuts like bacon and ribs. Eat different types of sea foods, poultry, and eggs.
- Avoid starches and processed foods- say no to corn products, rice, bread. Try cauliflower instead of rice. You can have tubers like sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips. Rutabagas, turnips, and plantains. Try to eat raw because this is the actual sign of Paleo eating. Always say no to processed foods. Because you must avoid high nitrates.
- No grains- normally we eat wheat products to lose weight but it is big mess you are doing. Wheat and other grains contain a high glycemic index. This carries high sugar rapidly to the blood stream. It is best to avoid wheat and other grains.
- Finally cheating- I know it is very difficult to follow this diet strictly. Having non- paleo foods occasionally is not a mistake but limit it. Love and enjoy eating but in a healthy way.