Have you ever thought that the foods you eat on your daily basis have great impact on your overall mood? Whether you feel cranky, happy or irritable there are heavy chances of getting your wellness affected due to your mood. Give your body right nutrition to make sure that your day goes well as exactly you plan. Many researches has proven that you are what actually you eat am not saying that flax seeds must be your first preference for a snack but include them somewhere in your daily list.
Flax seeds contain most of nutrition in it; plenty source of omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, antioxidants and fiber. Flax seeds are rich in B vitamins, magnesium and manganese. Include it as a addition in your diet to get plenty of health benefits. Munching it plain does not sound well you can try it by grinding and sprinkling it on some salads, sandwiches, soups and even cereal to add your meal a power crunch, so your body gets extra healthy dose of goodness. Here are some more health benefits of flax seeds, with healthy recipes, read it, follow it and get amazing benefits out of it.
Many of them call flax seeds as the most powerful plan food on the planet, because there are much evidence that flax seeds may help in reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and diabetes.
You can find flax seeds in all kind of foods these days starting from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal. Flax seeds contains amazing sorts of healthy components, especially rich in three components, they are
- Lignans- these contains both plant estrogen and the antioxidants, the flax seeds contain more the 75-800 times of lignans when compared to other plants.
- Omega 3 fatty acids- good fats are very essential to have a healthy heart, in that way one table spoon of flax seeds contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega 3s.
- Fiber- flax seeds contain both soluble and insoluble type of fiber.
Flax seeds have amazing power to reduce the risk of having cardiovascular diseases and lungs disease as well as certain types of cancer.
Cancer- many recent researches have proved that flax seeds have amazing protective effect against prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. In the animal studies the plant omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed, which is called ALA inhibited tumor incidence and the growth. The lignans protect against cancer by blocking the enzymes that are involved in the hormone metabolism and also protects your body from spread of tumor cells.
Cardio vascular disease- many researchers have proved that plant omega-3s present in the flax seeds help the cardiovascular system in several different mechanisms, that includes anti-inflammatory action and it helps to get normal flow of the heart beat. Flax seeds also help in decreasing the significant effects lowering the blood pressure. the diets which are rich in flax seeds help prevent hardening of arteries and keeps the plaque being deposited in the arteries by keeping white blood cells from sticking to blood vessels inner linings. Flax seeds help to maintain the cholesterol level, because the increased level of bad cholesterol or LDL results in high risk of heart disease, obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
Flax seeds are restricted for the breast feeding mothers and for the pregnant women. It may leads to breast cancer if women consume flax seeds during these periods.
Here are the tips for using, buying and storing the flax seeds
- You can buy whole flax seeds or you can grind it yourself.
- Milled or ground or flax meal, do not confuse yourself by hearing different words because these three are same.
- You can buy either brown or golden flax seeds. There is only little difference between both on nutritional basis but both are same you can make your own choice.
- You can do either online purchase or at shops
- Check the label carefully before you buy it.
- You flax seeds to your diet on daily basis
- Store flax seeds in dark, and moist dishes
- You can use flax seeds in baking
- Whole flax seeds can stay longer so keep your whole flax seeds in dark and cool place and can grind it according to your requirements.
Are you ready to taste fruit flax seed muffins?
These moist and high flavor flax muffins are not only healthy but also very tasty try it!
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice, canned
- 1/2 cup finely chopped and peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, higher omega-3 if available, beaten lightly
- 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins, currants
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ground flax seed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees; line the muffin pan with paper or with foil liners. Coat liners with a quick squirt of canola cooking spray.
- Take large mixing bowl; beat the pineapple with juice, canola oil, apples, egg, egg whites or egg substitute, sour cream, and molasses until mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in raisins or dried fruit.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flaxseed.
- Add the flax seed mixture to sour cream mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupful into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in center of preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and springy to the touch.